News, Events & Activities
The Stone Bridge Chapter meets the fourth Thursday of the month in September, October, January, February, March and April.
The May meeting is usually a
special activity, scheduled on a mutually agreed upon date; the November meeting is on the third Thursday due to Thanksgiving;
and the December meeting is held in conjunction with the
DAR Open House.
All meeting programs are focused on providing attendees with information on one of the three pillars of the DAR: Historic Preservation,
Education and Patriotism. The 2018-2019 Meeting Schedule is as follows:
- September 27, 2018: Program: "History of the Stone Bridge Chapter on its 15th Anniversary"
- October 18, 2018: New Member Installation; "DAR 101"
- November 15, 2018: "Dazzling Daughter Margaret Corbin"
- December 5, 2018: DAR Christmas Open House, DAR HQ, Washington, DC
- January 24, 2019: Chili Cookoff Fundraiser for DAR Good Citizen Awards; "Pins 101"
- February 21, 2019: "History of the Hooker"
- March 28, 2019: Awards Ceremony for DAR Good Citizen and Milestone Awards
- April 25, 2019: Annual Meeting & Pot Luck Dinner; New Member Installation
- May, 2019: New Executive Board Installation
The Stone Bridge Chapter also participates in various local activities, as well as NSDAR sponsored activities.
For example, for the past several years, the chapter has participated in : the NSDAR Day of Service in October
by holding a chapter activity (such as cooking meals for the Fisher House at Fort Belvoir), the
Wreaths Across America Ceremony which is held in mid-December, and
a Naturalization Ceremony at the Alexandria CourtHouse.
The content contained herein does not necessarily represent the position of the NSDAR.
Hyperlinks to other sites are not the responsibility of the NSDAR, the state organizations, or individual DAR chapters